Full Scan of Amazon
Every Power Listing shows you what keywords appear on every listing. We do this to help you understand why the content is generated; we also do this to help you make data driven decisions about what to add and remove.
More than this, we also dig deep into our database and find those keywords that land other products on page 1 of search. These are keywords that don't necessarily make sense to put in your listing, but are also search pages where we found your competition showing up.
Backend Search Terms
We follow Amazon’s guidelines when optimizing Search Terms:
- We stay under the length limit. The current number of keywords must be no more than 250 bytes. Each alphanumeric character (e.g. a-z, 0-9) usually takes up one byte. However, some special characters can be up to 4 bytes.
- We include synonyms to avoid duplicating keywords that have been used elsewhere in your listing
- We include common spelling variations but not misspelled words
- We may include abbreviations and alternate names
- We do not include punctuation. Words are separated by spaces.
- We do not repeat words
- We exclude stop words such “a,” “an,” “and,” “by,” “for,” “of,” “the,” “with,” etc.
- We use the singular or plural form of a word, no need for both
- We avoid prohibited keywords such as: your brand name or the brand name of others, ASINs, profane words, temporary statements such as “new,” or “on sale now,”subjective claims, such as “best,” “cheapest,” “amazing,” etc.